Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Bubby

So, the end of our crazy summer is upon us. HALLELUJAH!!!

This past weekend was a pretty important weekend in our lives. Not necessarily between Bryce and I, but for our family as a whole. Kevin (my cousin, who is really more like my brother) closed on a house about 1/2 a mile down the road from us in the beginning of July and this weekend, we broke in the new house! The weekend turned into a house warming party after Kevin had broken his engagement. I am so proud of him. It was not easy for him to go through such an event like that, but he is so much happier and better off! AND, I have to admit...I'm happy to have my Bubby back:)

On Friday, Mom, Julie, Jackie, Jackson and Nana drove down to Fort Worth. We all went out to eat Friday (including our adopted family member, Kyle) and celebrated Nana's 82 birthday. I'll tell you this, the woman's got spunk. Super-spunk depending on the day.

Saturday, Bryce put some meat on the smoker and "man time" ensued. The boys (including Jackson) did Lord knows what, and the girls went shopping and garage sale-ing!! My two aunts found some goodies for me since I didn't go...instead, I stayed home and made carrot cake (YUM!) and baked brie (YUMMIER!).

We all headed down to Kevin's about 4:30 and had a GREAT time. We saw old friends, made new friends and celebrated Kevin and where God is taking him in his life. The boys ended up going downtown, but Bryce and I were exhausted, so the old married couple came home and went to bed.

Kevin said he'd pay me $50 to come and clean up his house on Sunday...I politely declined. Okay, I guess "hell no" isn't polite...

In a nutshell, I am so proud of Kevin, super-deee-duper happy for him and I'm glad I have a neighbor that is family.

OH!!! I almost forgot to mention...one of my favorite things about Mom and Aunt Julie!!!! I L-O-V-E, LOOOOOOOOOVE it when they come to visit. Why, you ask? Because they clean my house! Woo hooo!!! They even scrub the bathtub and the toilet in the guest bath. So nice of them...and I really do appreciate it. So, thank you, Mom and Aunt Julie for always doing that. As long as you clean, the door to our home is always open:) (Just kidding. But really...)

We have survived five solid months of insanity: weddings, honeymoons, birthdays, company, and still re-doing this darn house. I am definitely looking forward to sleeping in on Saturday's and drinking coffee with my hubbee. Oh and football of course:) So now it's time to take a deep breath and relax...finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top