Friday, August 26, 2016

Our first time with FIVE

Sweet lady of mine,

I cannot believe FIVE years have passed since you made me a mama for the very first time.

Five.  I mean five is a big deal.  It's a full hand of numbers, half a decade, a pretty major milestone.  You started kindergarten this year and you absolutely LOVE it.  You love to learn and explore and knowledge is something you can't get enough of!  Your sweet, sweet spirit is such a joy to watch.  You are so kind to others, always concerned about the well being of those around you.

The lines between friends and family is blurred and you love people with a veracity that makes my heart swell.  You love people well, Brice, and that is something that I pray never, EVER dwindles in you.

You have the best little giggle and scrunch up your nose when you think something is funny or cute.  There are so many moments where I look at you and I think to myself, "how in the world did I deserve something so beautiful and so sweet to take care of?"  You truly are a joy.  And i don't mean a joy in the worldly view of something that makes me happy (although you do make your mama happy!!  OH SO HAPPY!) but more along the lines of joy in seeing how our Creator pieced you together.  Every little attribute is unique to you and I love seeing His design displayed through you.

We are working now on becoming brave - on being confident in being Brice - and facing head on things that are scary.  I have to chuckle writing this, because we all know your brother is the COMPLETE opposite.  Maybe God knows my mama heart can't handle two fearless children.

Our prayer for you, sweet girl, is that you always see the grace poured out on you and that you never lose your gentle and caring heart.  We want Jesus to become so real and so vivid in your life that every day you know who you belong to and that you were created for a purpose.  You are a care taker, a lover, a nurturer...and I can't wait to see how those gifts God has given you grow into becoming a beautiful young woman.

You are one of a kind.  And we are so glad you are ours.



May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing,
so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
Romans 15:13

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top